Friday, November 21, 2008

Family Letter March 7, 2007

Dear Family,

Hey What's up? So today is my second day out in the field. Last night I met my companion. His name is Elder Hess. He is a really cool guy and I know he will be a pretty good trainer. He only has 3 months left. My first area is called Apple Valley. It is a desert with not much grass. Our apartment isn't bad. It is a little better than the MTC. It is old though. It has 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms.

The first thing we did after I got back was we went and saw an investigator named Novella. She is a really nice, sweet black lady from North Carolina. We have been trying to get her to come to church, but stuff keeps coming up, so she hasn't gone yet. Then we went to a young couples house for dinner. They were really nice and sweet. We had stir fry, so it wasn't bad. I had to down the veggies though. After dinner we went to a ladies house whose name is Anne Anderson. We gave her a blessing. She is like 70 years old.

Apple Valley is pretty ghetto, but there are nice parts too. It is about 80 degrees outside. We have weights :) so that made me happy. I was really nervous to come out here, but I know everything will be OK :) They say we play basketball a lot so I am glad I brought my shoes. Oh yeah, I am in a car in my 1st area also. Today I am going to teach lessons, but it is also my p-day. Well, I love all you guys and I miss you.

Love,

Elder Williamson

No comments: